| Mindoro and Lake Taal offroad tour |
H-C Travel’s Philippines offroad motorcycle tour is just for you - if you love adventure, and are looking for a motorcycle tour with a difference, then look no further. There is a fleet of Honda XLR200s awaiting you to take you on a spectacular 2-week motorbike adventure past jade coloured seas and tropical beaches, and through lush tropical rainforests studded with active volcanoes. We take in jungle trails, river crossings, fast-fire tracks and mountain roads. The tour also includes white-water canoeing at Pagsanyan Gorge (the setting for the closing section of ‘Apocalypse Now’), and scuba diving and small fire arms shooting as optional extras.
Accommodation varies from first class hotels to bamboo beach huts, and all the time Rick, your experienced English guide, is on hand. The tour is open to all riders, although some offroad experience is required (more challenging sections can be bypassed by the less experienced).
The trip was fantastic. Rick is a star, and worked his butt off …. He is a good guy to be with. Having sampled a few guides (!!) over the years he is the best one I’ve come across yet. You rapidly realise that he is dependable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and a bloody good Mr Fix-it/organiser. I can’t speak more highly of the guy. Mick Kenyon, UK, 2005
Having travelled for many years to various worldwide locations and covered many adventures in my years I had not crammed so much into 2 weeks. Gary Hopkins, UK, 2013
Why the Philippines?
- A country of great variety and natural beauty, barely touched by tourism.
- Unique Asian country in that English is the second language so communication with locals is both easy and rewarding.
- The Philippines is a country where you can see mobile phones being used on one side of the road, and native Filippinos with a lifestyle unchanged for thousands of years on the other.
Why the Philippines with H-C Travel?
- The world’s first guided motorcycle tours to the Philippine Archipelago, established in 2003.
- Suitable for 'hardcore' dirt rider and ‘novices’, as advanced sections can be bypassed.
- Wherever we stop for the night on tour we are never more than a few metres from the sea, a river or a lake ... great for a ip to get the dust off!
- All bikes have electric starts ... great in tropical weather.
- Our Honda XR200s are light, tough and easy to handle, great for first time dirt riders and with enough power for the experienced.
- Extremely varied riding terrain, from gravel tracks, mountain passes, and handlebar width trails to alpine like paved twisty sections...in fact think of it and we ride it!
- Small group size for maximum enjoyment (maximum 8 motorcycles)
- Licensed in the UK and the Philippines
- Flight inclusive tour package from the UK
- Great tour crew - entertaining and always up for a laugh and a joke, typically Filippino.
Rick Abbey, born West Yorkshire, England 1962. Rick was brought up in Hong Kong as his father was a teacher in the British Army and his mother an army nurse. On returning to England he qualified as a mechanical engineer and now performs all of the maintenance on our fleet of bikes - if you want a job doing right ... do it yourself! is his motto (and proof he’s a Yorkshireman!). Rick cut his teeth dirt riding in the Yorkshire dales and moors (at a time when it was allowed) on a range of bikes - Honda XL125, Suzuki TS250, Yamaha DT400 and Kawasaki KMX200.
In 1993 Rick came to the Philippines for a holiday, and 6 months later was back. He bought himself a 1987 Yamaha DT200R straight off the back of a ship from Japan and proceeded to discover the Islands over a 4-month period. It was a real eye opener, and he fell in love with the culture, the people and the diverse geography. Rick was hooked. A few years later, in 2003 Rick approached us at H-C Travel and started ‘Philippine Jungle Riders', the rest is history as they say. Rick has a Filippino wife and two young boys, who are already showing an interest in bikes, which is great, and Rick is looking forward to the day they can ride on tour.
UK government information and advice: www.fco.gov.uk
Philippines tourist board: www.tourism.gov.ph
For more tour information: www.jungleriders.net
| Mindoro and Lake Taal offroad tour |