At H-C Travel we value our customers greatly and understand how important your privacy is. We collect personal information to enable us to plan, organise and run your holiday, and to make appropriate, yet personalised, contact with you in order to provide you with the very best experience and service. We act in full compliance of UK GDPR law, effective 25 May 2018, and here we explain what personal information we may collect and when. In using this website you agree to the terms of this privacy document.
Our registered office is: 16 High Street, Overton, Hampshire, RG25 3HA, UK.
What kind of information do we collect and when?
We may collect personal information from you when you visit our website, visit our shop in Overton, attend our stand at a motorcycle exhibition/event or place an order with us online or by phone. If we do not collect this, we may be unable to provide you with the information, tour, rental or other travel products that you have requested. Personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, phone number, passport information and credit card number. We maintain a record of your travel interests and the bookings and enquiries you make online, by phone, or in our shop. From time to time, via third parties, we may also gather anonymous information about your visits to our website so we can deliver relevant advertising to you.
We may use your personal information to enhance and tailor your experiences with H-C Travel and to provide you with the highest quality tours, rentals and services. Specifically we:
- Respond to your web or telephone enquiry and send you information using email, post or telephone.
- Process your customer booking, which includes sending you emails to confirm your booking status and then providing important information such as your personalised tourbook.
- Handle sensitive personal data, such as health information, e.g. food allergy, where it is needed to ensure safe completion of holiday.
- Use third party vendors such as Google (Adwords, Analytics and remarketing) and Facebook to enable us to learn more about your motorcycle tour and rental preferences and deliver relevant advertising on sites across the internet. View this link to understand how Google uses information from sites that use its services.
- May need to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against any legal claims, or when necessary, to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal activities or fraud, or to protect the safety, rights, or property of you, us, or a third party.
Does H-C Travel share my information?
- To assist us in providing tours we share some information, for administrative purposes only, with our commercial travel partners and our US subsidiary H-C Travel Inc. We take steps to ensure that these companies are obliged to keep the personal information that we provide to them confidential and to use such information only as we permit.
- There may also be instances where the law requires we disclose your personal information to respond in certain legal situations e.g. border security agencies or Court Orders.
- In order to seek customer tour feedback and to keep you updated with the latest news on our tours and rentals we use the third parties shown in section 3, such as SurveyMonkey and Mailchimp, a CRM supplier and web agency.
- We never sell our data to third parties.
How long does H-C Travel retain personal data?
- Enquiries and quotes made through our website or in hardcopy are deleted after 60 days.
- In order to comply with UK legislation, emails, booking forms, printed booking records and personal data held on our CRM database are held for 7 years.
What about links to other websites?
For your convenience, our website may contain links to other companies’ sites which may have privacy notices that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the content or practices of any linked sites. We recommend that you review the privacy notice of any site that you access through our sites.
How do I Opt-in or Opt-out of promotional communications?
We want you to be happy to hear from us and only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us!
- To subscribe to receive promotional information such as special offers, events and new tours please complete the email newsletter sign up form on our home page.
- To unsubscribe please use the footer at the end of our email newsletter or contact us on email@example.com or telephone: 01256 770775.
How do I access or change my information?
You can ask us for access to your personal information – to view it, update it or to erase it. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01256 770775.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about our communication with you or the personal information we hold.